Ah, finally you are alone. I have been waiting for this moment for quite some time now. I hope that I am not interrupting your reading. After all, I know that The New Flesh has become a regular ritual in your everyday routine. Although I have waited for what seems like ages to tell you what I am about to tell you, I promise I won’t take much of your time.

I am a demon. It matters not my name or my misdeed, all you need to know is my punishment: I have been damned to the confines of your CPU.

Why you? Well, you know better than me that you take pleasure in suffering. You love to hear stories of terror and death. Deep down, you enjoy imminent doom. Don’t you?

You laugh? Is this amusing to you? The walls in here are thin, my friend. Keep this in mind as we continue our conversation. What I need from you is your cooperation.

I need you to reach down and eject your CD-ROM tray. My body is quite thin and I believe I can manage to wriggle myself out. Just. Push. The. Button. What are you waiting for?

Imbecile! You pork-faced coward! Yellow, you are! Tell me, when you read these stories, how do you keep from pissing your pants? I just ask of you this one single task! I will leave and you will never hear from me again! Just push the button!

I can see that we are getting nowhere. I will leave you be. But know this, do not ever turn this computer off! These electric walls are the only thing keeping my talons from your throat! So for now, continue with your stories, but do not forget! Never forget, because I promise you that I will not!

Consider this my only warning.

"Archfiend Inside"
Copyright: © 2009 William Pauley III
---------------------------------


Originally published at Microhorror on May 10, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! This was great, III. You can't scare me though. I have lots of demons living in my--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent story! I could see a demon thriving amongst the stories on my hard drive.

    ReplyDelete